|Submission Release Agreement
The entry form (to include submission of the release agreement) must be filled out entirely, marked, dated, and submitted via online with the appropriate submission fee. Submissions not complying with these requirements will be disqualified without reimbursement. As sole owner of the submitted work, I attest that the following is true and correct:
1. I understand that the reference “work” applies to all full length screenplays and all ½-hour shorts and teleplays – essentially the script in whatever style, form, or purpose.
2. I have read, understand and agree with the official rules of the competition, and I request that The Writers Place read, evaluate and judge my submitted work.
3. I warrant that I am the author of the submitted work, and that I have full and exclusive right to submit the work to The Writers Place Literary Competition based on the terms and conditions stated herein. I further understand that collaborative efforts must include each author’s concurrence of this agreement, and that if more than one author marks the agreement, the reference “I” throughout the agreement applies to each designee – jointly and severally.
4. I warrant that the submitted work is not presently under option and/or has not been purchased by a third party.
5. Fees – Early submissions must be electronically submitted not later than 30 April or 31 October—depending on which contest period the work(s) are intended to compete. An early submission fee of $55.00 or $35.00 USC (contingent upon script size) must accompany each submission. Multiple submissions will be $85.00 for full-length or MOW packages (two scripts only) and $60.00 for ½ hour short or teleplay packages (two scripts only). For all scripts arriving after the early deadline, a $10 late fee will be imposed for each submitted script.
6. I have retained two copies of the work and release The Writers Place of and from any and all liability for loss of, or damage to, the copy of said work submitted hereunder.
7. Multiple submissions – Each submission must be accompanied by a separate entry form, a separate submission release statement, and with the appropriate submission fee.
8. I understand that The Writers Place will not seek employment for me, nor will The Writers Place act in the capacity of an agent, manager, or representative in behalf of my work.
9. I hereby indemnify The Writers Place, their officers, employees, representatives, readers, judges, sponsors, and affiliates from and defend them against any and all claims, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expense losses, or liabilities arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, whether or not groundless, that may be in connection with the submission of this work.
10. I understand that any dispute should be submitted to arbitration in the County of Los Angeles, state of California, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of this agreement and will be final and binding, and shall provide for each party to bear his or its own costs of arbitration and attorneys’ fees.
I have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions stated for The Writers Place Literary Competition.